Wednesday, April 1, 2009

14 hands and dirt....




in my kitchen!








the other day was seed planting day...well, almost



i cannot tell you how thrilled i was when i got my package of heirloom seeds in the mail the other day! i actually ripped open the manila envelope like a little kid....i'm sure i did...




so after dreaming about a dew drops on my green leafy garden...sigh....




i decided to do a little research on planting my seeds...and came across a few great ideas...one of which was using newspaper to make little pots to start the seeds in...VERY cool idea! IF you have newspaper... (no newspaper here ,i've burned every piece of burnable paper in the house over the last few weeks, trying to get little fires started in our coal furnace) ...anyway, no paper to be had to for my quaint little newspaper cups...sooooo....dixie cups became my substitute...




now any mother should know that dirt, and kids, and kitchens should not mix...right?



but i'm such a glutton for punishment, and i love to make my science class interesting....



WHY do i DO this to myself?!? my husband would say it's the "creative" side of me...



but the "creative" in me always seems to leave a tornado behind, as you can imagine dirt and dixie cups would do ;o)





well....to make a long story short...we got our dirt planted ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors