Tuesday, August 25, 2009

ok...

earlier this evening i got a VERY brilliant idea (see, this is where the trouble already began) i decided that it was time for me to make some of that ooey gooey jello popcorn stuff...actually, i've been dreaming about it for the last few days. its super easy and cooks up pretty quickly.
so,  i got the littlest one asleep, and i called my big sis to get the recipe, as my computer was occupied...
well, by the time i actually got to talk to her (we get interrupted quite often...believe me) i had changed my mind completely and decided to use my all time favorite secret carmel popcorn recipe. so, i started popping my popcorn while we chatted (between the calls of my children who were supposed to be sleeping and her 7 who were supposed to be eating dinner)... and my big boys (who stole my computer) munched on the plain popcorn that they really liked better.( oh, if you could only understand the joy of this beautiful chaos) everything was coming together splendidly!
i decided that this would be perfect blog material! well, it was...only not your normal, oh i made this glorious bowl of amazing popcorn and the dishes all washed themselves, type of blog material, but a  terry style blog material....
just look at that...
picture perfect, i tell you
see, i even used my cute orange pot...what could go wrong?
um, don't ask.
***
this is where it gets a little hairy...
um, yeah, its broken...VERY broken, and it broke at the last second.
INSIDE THE POT...
now of course at this point...
netlflix movie...over
should be sleeping toddlers.....are in desperate need of their 28th drink of the evening
sound asleep baby...not anymore
oh, and somewhere in there my sister and i had hung up the phones, due to another phone call....
so, where does this leave my bowl of fluffy white already popped and half eaten popcorn?
waiting....yes, just standing there lonely and waiting...sigh.
well,
i must say that this story really does have a happy ending, ...
 i started back at square one, and only dropped the digital thermometer in the pot once...
now, i'm sitting here and blogging about my beautiful bowl of carmel popcorn....
 and trying not to pull out any fillings
oh, wow. its good.

3 comments:

  1. I am so craving sticky popcorn right now...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do all of the good things happen when we hang up the phone? i'm sure it would have been fun to experience the breaking of the thermometer. ;P i'm glad you finally got your sticky popcorn... now i'm craving it. can't you just send me some? or send dad over to make some for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you Terry, at least it had a happy ending. Just hope you actually got some of it, if all of you little munchkins were awake...I can imagine the yummy smell is what woke them up.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors